Front Desk Position
Responsible for greeting patients, patient registration, referrals, establishing and maintaining accurate patient records in the computer, coordination of referrals and/or diagnostic orders.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Customer Service
- Greet patients with a smile and introduce self.
- Resolve patient requests, questions and complaints frequently requiring analysis of situations to determine best use of resources.
- Provide prompt and accurate service so as to promote patient loyalty.
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Patient Registration (check in and check out)
- Obtain accurate patient demographic information and Pharmacy of choice.
- Copy insurance cards/driver’s license.
- Keep patient apprised of wait times.
- Collect applicable co-pays.
- Verifies patient insurance coverage.
Accurately schedule all patient appointments.
- Record all cancellations and No Show’s; send “No Show” letter.
- For scheduled patients – maintain a “quick call” list for cancellations.
- Post charges; cancellations.
Accept patient payments.
- Post payments to computer accurately and in timely manner (no later than one day after payment is received).
- Prepare revenue for bank deposit and give to Center Manager for timely depots.
- Prepare and balance daily Operator/Location Close Report; obtain Manager signature.
- Use of Equipment and Software applications
- Answer telephones; transfers call to appropriate staff.
- Take messages and place them in designated area.
- Answer phone queries from other facilities, public health units, etc.
- Manages Outlook mail and calendar daily.
- Demonstrates practical knowledge in the use of the computer terminal.
- Financial Counseling
- Interview patients to determine employment status, insurance coverage(s) and insurance plan deductibles, and eligibility for payment plans.
- Contact patients for payment plans (as required).
- Enter patient data into computer, update yearly or as needed.
- Assist patients with billing problems.
- Assist patients with Medicaid eligibility application and/or other payer programs.
- Respond to questions regarding patient balances, collections, and insurance.
- Administrative Procedures
- Manages the Center Fax Inbox and attaches applicable documentation to outstanding referrals and/or diagnostic orders and forwards to Provider.
- Fulfill records requests; originate requests for records from other facilities.
- Audit patient charts.
- Discuss supplies required for downtime procedures.
- Generates end-of-day closing reports and procedures. Balances cash, checks, and credit card charges.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year of front office experience required including Electronic Medical Records.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Previous OB GYN office experience preferred.
Must be proficient with procedure codes; exemplary attendance and punctuality is required.
- Able to work flexible hours.
Premier Woman’s Health Employee Benefits
At PWH, we value each employee and the contributions they make to our organization. As such, we are happy to present our team members with a competitive benefit package!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off